Translate

Monday, July 25, 2016

REVIEW: Moonshot by Alessandra Torre

27872890
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
PLOT:
Baseball isn’t supposed to be a game of life and death… 

The summer that Chase Stern entered my life, I was seventeen. The daughter of a legend, the Yankees were my family, their stadium my home, their dugout my workplace. My focus was on the game. Chase... he started out as a distraction. A distraction with sex appeal poured into every inch of his six foot frame. A distraction who played like a god and partied like a devil. 


I tried to stay away. 

I couldn’t.
Then, the team started losing. 

Women started dying. 
And everything in my world broke apart.
 

SPOILERS ALERT!

There’s been a while since a book got me completely caught and I’m not anticipating what’s going to happen at the end. Most of the time I have a pretty good idea of how the story is going to end. No with Moonshot. Alessandra Torre made sure us readers couldn’t know how Ty’s story ended. I spent most of the book afraid of what I was going to find in the next chapter and thinking that probably Tyler was going to die or that Chase was going to cheat and leave her. Or that Tobey was the actual killer. Thousands of scenarios that weren’t real. I was absolutely surprised with the outcome and the final chapters and as a fan girl (in my case, soccer) I could relate to Ty’s feelings all the time.

Now, in truly spoiler’s form, the story starts as a teenage dream - Chase Stern was going to play in the Yankees and Tyler, ball girl and pitcher’s daughter, couldn’t believe her luck. I think how would feel if I had the chance to be close to David Beckham and understand her perfectly. What she doesn’t know is that Chase is not a golden boy, but a damage guy with a drug addiction and bad attitude.

I really liked the fact that we could hear Chase point of view in some of the moments because, otherwise, I would have hated him from word one (I mean, he’s inhaling cocaine and sleeping with a teammate’s wife!). He was trouble but Ty’s sweetness and innocence saved him from himself.

Then, the whole “I sleep with other man because you left me” part was really frustrating, but then again, Tyler is a fresh 18 years older by then and she clearly didn’t have enough experience to handle the situation. And besides, if my boyfriend (or whatever they were at that point) came out of my room, after we share a moment, to consume cocaine with other girls instead of talking to me, I would have gone drown myself in alcohol too. The sex part was just a consequence of that.

Apart from that, Ty and Chase’s relationship was gorgeous! Pure teenage love on her side and false expectations on his part. He though she was pure and virginal because she was 18 and she was going to forgive him for everything he did. She though he was a knight in shinning armor and was going to come back for her after he left. Then 4 years forward, full lives formed, he comes back expecting to find her the same - and yes, Tyler still loves him, but I think is great she wants to spare her husband the pain. If Chase wanted her, he had to wait! She even said so at some point! This was great because she’s not a little girl anymore and she cannot leave everything behind just because he decided it was time to reach out.

In the end, I never would have guessed a journalist was the killer and that it was because he was in love with Tobey. I though it was going to be Tobey himself for most part of the book, so it was nice how it turned out. And I didn’t feel bad because Tobey was cheating on Tyler because she was in love with someone else all that time too. So, perfect ending for all the characters.

Five moonshot stars to this book! ;)
Trish 🗯

No comments:

Post a Comment