Translate

Monday, July 18, 2016

REVIEW: Fall with Me (Wait for You #4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout


20980781 

⭐️⭐️⭐️½
PLOT:
Eleven months ago, bartender and weird-shirt-wearing extraordinaire Roxy and Officer Reece Anders had a one night stand. Well, kind of. She’s been in love with him since she was fifteen, and he wishes that night they shared never happened. She’s sworn him off forever, but the past and future collide, forcing her to rely on the one man who broke her heart not once, but twice.
Her best friend since birth has been in a long-term care facility since he became a victim of a hate crime years ago, and the person who put him in there is out of prison and wanting to make amends with him and Roxy. She’s not sure she has room for forgiveness in her and when she begins to receive frightening messages and is on the receiving end of escalating violence, she thinks she knows who is to blame. The man who already destroyed one life already.
But Reece isn’t convinced. The threats are too personal, and even if Roxy doesn’t believe him, he’s not willing to let anyone hurt her. Including himself. He’s already messed up more than once when it comes to Roxy and he’s not going to let history repeat itself.


SPOILER ALERT!


There are so many things I like about this series. One is the different subjects it touches, situations that happen in real life and it could happen to anyone. The second thing is the female character, some scared, some fragile, some strong but all of them determined. And third, and probably the most important, is the way these books make me feel; they can take me to relate to the situation and to suffer as if I was another character in the story.
 

Fall with me wasn’t any different from the 3 books before, except in the last category. For some reason, I couldn’t relate with this story as strongly as I did with the past ones. I couldn’t feel empathic with Roxy and I wasn’t as interested in Reece as I should (I mean, hot cop and all).

I certainly loved what Charlie’s character represented to the story - the gay friend that suffers because he’s parents don’t approve and because of the bullies. But I got the feeling that I could have known more about Charlie and i didn’t - I understand that it was painful for Roxy to think about him, but I’ve loved to get to know Charlie through her memories of him.

I also loved the moral struggle of Henry - and I did know from page one he wasn’t the stalker. He made a mistake and he owned it and for me that’s worth it of an apology. I also understood why Roxy didn’t want him around, but at the end it was good she listened to him.

Everything around the stalker gave me the creeps, so I think that was a good sign. I though it was Dean for the most part of the book but then, when we got introduce to Kip, he certainly looks suspicious. Totally freaked out about the photo-while-sleeping thing too! I would have run to my parents’ house as soon as weird things started to happen. But I get how Roxy could think it was her or a ghost around her house.

But finally, what disappointed me a little bit was Reece. Because Roxy was a girl with issues, but she was real - she had her crush, she had her pain and she had her pleasures. Reece, on the other hand, was an arrogant fool that, in my opinion, was taking the safe bet with the girls who’s been in love with him forever. Situations like the “lie” about their drunk night prove this statement. You are a guy, you know the girl’s been in love with you since forever and you were drunk and made a pass on her, or maybe she made the pass, but you have to know the next morning that you cannot be a jackass about the situation; you cannot ignore the girl and you cannot assume if you don’t ask. So, from my perspective, the “lie” was much his fault as it was hers. And I say “lie” with quotation marks because it wasn’t a big deal at all.

Anyway, I’ll give this book 3.5 stars and move forward with the series!
Happy reading!

Trish 🗯
 

No comments:

Post a Comment