Translate

Friday, July 29, 2016

REVIEW: Aligned: Volume 1 by Ella Miles

27802572⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
PLOT: “He’s an arrogant complication.
I don’t care if Landon Davis has sold millions of records. I don’t care that his damn crooked grin makes my panties wet.
I can’t want him.
I should be mourning, but I can’t. I just need him gone. Then I can align the chaos floating in my head.
——
She has a f*cking boyfriend.
I’ve seen the picture of them together. But Alex Blakely still wants me. And who am I not to oblige when her body is begging for me?
I need one night to own her body.
I should be focused on getting my career out of the gutter. I’ll take one night first. Then I’ll be gone.”

SPOILERS ALERT!!!!

WOW!! Just WOW!
This book blew my mind completely!! I almost don’t have word to describe how much I enjoyed it and how hung I’m on the story! I can’t wait to read Aligned: Volume 2.

I got hook since the beginning - I couldn’t stop reading and I finished it within hours of starting it. The first chapters helped me to get into Alexa and Landon’s frame of mind. I got to know that something happened to her and she lost something (and someone) important but we readers don’t get to much details and we start forming questions such as: why did she move to LA? Why isn’t she giving her full name?

Alexa come across as a very affected person - with self-esteem issues that are more than understandable considering she has scars all over her, she’s missing part of her leg and she has panic attacks very frequently. She keeps referring about herself as a monster, word that we keep reading between the lines not only from her, but also from Landon; he feels like a monster too.

But really, Landon just behaves as any rock star would: cocky, arrogant an with a huge ego. We see some of his “monster” side in the way he treats Caroline, but other than that he’s just another Justin Bieber. But while the books moves forward, we get to see Landon the guy, not the singer. He takes his time with Alex; he’s not jumping her or invading her (at least not after the first time in her house). And even if his intention aren’t the purest, I gave him points for being patient with her.

We get really good turns on the events during the chapters, like when we see Landon in the club and think nothing happen when in reality her already knows Alex is married but he goes after her anyway. This kind of spins keep us readers really interested.

Its also amazing how Ella Miles gives us pieces of Alexa’s story at the beginning of each chapter. At the end I came back to all of them and read them in order and understood better what was going on. We also get lyrics of Landon’s songs to Alex. This helped a lot to developed the characters emotional state and the motivation for their actions.

And wow! At the last chapter, the author left us in a cliff! Alexa is full of mystery: What’s going on with her mom? Is Ethan dead? Why is she lying to Landon? What is she hiding?

So, I can only give 5 enormous stars to this book and run to read the second and untangle the mess I’m in now!

Happy reading,
Trish 🗯

No comments:

Post a Comment