Translate

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

REVIEW: Ladies Man by Katy Evans

 
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Plot: 
"He’s not the guy you date.
He’s the one night stand.
You’d think the man who sends hot looks my way, who called me succulent, would want to strip me to my skin and spread me out on his bed like every other woman in Chicago.
Except he passed on my offer….
Just like I once did on his.
He’s wary, like I am.
He’s broken, like I am.
And everyone knows two broken parts can’t ever make a whole.
So I try to distract myself. I’m back to dating.
Tahoe and I are strictly friends. He doesn’t think my new beau is good enough, but to him, no man is good enough for me. Especially Tahoe himself.
But the more time Tahoe and I spend around each other, the more confused I feel.
I'm trying to open myself to love.
But I'm quickly realizing that the only man I want is stubborn, cocky, unattainable playboy Tahoe Roth.
The one your mother warned you about.
The one my body craves.
The only one who will surely break my heart."
 


If you haven't read this book beware of the SPOILER ALERT!

I remember I loved the first book of this series Manwhore.
I loved the passion Rachel had for Saint and the careless attitude Saint displayed about everything in his world. I was kind of disappointed with the second book Manwhore +1 and I didn’t even read the third Ms. Manwhore.


But I have to say I think Katy Evans recovered some of that passion in this book. We can feel how Gina is falling for Tahoe little by little and, even if it gets a little repetitive with the descriptions (although I think is just Evans style), we readers kind of fall for him too.

I know he's this womanizer kind of character and it really annoys me when man characters get display as players without a care in the world, but the author got him out of that stereotype successfully at the end of the book - thou, if I have to see the man I like fuck 2 other girls, at the same time, I wouldn't think he's the best/honest man in the world the next day and I would run the other way for sure.

Anyway, I enjoy the story a lot and there were some ideas that Katy passed through some of her character that got my attention just like this one:


"No one is the way they seem. We all hide little pieces, either because we don’t want to be judged, or because we don’t think we’ll be understood, or simply because we don’t want those pieces of us to belong to anyone but us”

I totally agree with this statement and I think every human being can relate to the feeling of have something so personal, so our, that we don’t want the outside world to touch it.

I also liked Evans sticked to just one book this time, it gets to the climax faster, without that much of a drama and without more repetition.

So, at the end, I give 4 T-Rex stars to Ladies’ Man!
Waiting for Call’s book next year! 


Trish 🗯

No comments:

Post a Comment