Translate

Monday, August 10, 2015

Review: Manwhore+1 (Manwhore #2) - Katy Evans

(⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)

Finally I'm coming with the review of a sequel I was eagerly waiting! And I'm sure, after the hanging finale of Manwhore, I wasn't the only one! 

With this book I cannot avoid SPOILERS coming between the lines, so if you haven't read it, STOP here.

After waiting so much to get to know what happened between Rachel and Malcolm in that thrilling last encounter in his office, I finally got my wish and learned what was next for this couple.

I have to say that, even if I think this is a good sequel to the first book, my expectations where a little high... and don't get me wrong, I still LOVE Malcolm and is my favorite handsome millionaire of all, but I was expecting more struggling from his side and less shyness from Rachel's part. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

In my opinion, Katy Evans did an amazing job by surprising us in the beginning of the book - I can bet most of us where expecting something entirely different from the first meeting between Rachel and Malcolm after Rachel's betrayal, but certainly not a job offer - fact that left us as speechless as Rachel was in the first moments of that meeting.

And since we are talking about Rachel, let's get deeper in the matter - as a character, she became more scared and insecure that in the first novel, I'm sure due to the fact that she was really ashamed for what she did, but she lost a lot of her ability to speak to Malcolm directly and that kind of bothers me a little... part of her charm rested in the fact that she was not that intimidated by him. In this book, we can feel a shift in this. 

Also, she spend a lot more time in her head day-and-night-dreaming about Malcolm and describing him over and over again:

"His sticking face is perfectly shaven today, and his sensual lips look so achingly full I can almost feel them against mine. Six feet-plus of perfectly controlled male power stands before me, in a perfect black suit and a killer tie. He's the very devil in Armani; strong-boned, square-jawed, gleaming dark hair and those penetrating eyes. He's got the best eyes."
Chapter 1: Four Weeks

"I'm breathless as I absorb the feel of his tanned skin against one, the strength of his muscles, the ripples of his abs against my tummy."
Chapter 3: My life now

"Tan, cut muscles, over six feet of pure testoterone-primed man. His skin feels so smooth and hot and hard when he lowers himself over me."
Chapter 14: Rebooting us

"He is perfection. He looks impenetrable in a business suit, as if nothing can touch him. But naked, he's a god, all tanned, toned chest muscles. Dark hair rumpled from my hands, those green eyes liquid."
Chapter 30: The Final Leap

So YES, we get it!!!! Malcolm is HOT!!!!
And I have so many good things to say about him in this book! Malcolm is the best character without doubt! BEST OF THE BESTS - he's really my guilty pleasure!!! And I think it has something to do with the fact that, in my head, he's exactly like Henry Cavill (Superman version ---> OMG!!!!) Hahahahah.

But aside from all jokes, he's a great main character that is not bullshitting around very much - he's angry with Rachel but still have feelings for her, so he wants to protect her from his father (reason why he offers the job in the first place)... Then his anger begins to fade because he wants to be with her - all of this happens in a non-creepy way, just as natural as any couple that got into a fight. He slowly gets back in trusting her again and develops a way to forgive her.

I missed a little bit more action in Malcolm's father's department - I thought it was going to be more direct and more messy. But I assume the author wanted to be more like in real life and she got that effect! Just legal business that were solve in the legals grounds.

Also, Evans kept the friends pretty superficial again and I really was curious about the Gina and Tahoe's - hopefully we are going to see more of them in next books.

So, we'll keep waiting until October 5th, for Ms. Manwhore's publishing, to see how this story ends (is it ends!!)...

Hope you had enjoyed this review and if you want to say anything, leave me a comment bellow ⬇️

As always, see you between the pages!!!

Trish


No comments:

Post a Comment